Thursday 11 July 2013

Seventeen mulled wine lasting fix lipstick

Hello lovelies!

I picked up this wee beauty the other week in boots as it was on offer. Instead of going for my usual red shade I thought I would try a new colour at a cheap price to see if I like it. Now usually I do like quite a strong colour, pale shades just are not me, if I want to soften the look usually I would just apply to one lip, rub it with my ring finger with some lip balm to create a light stain/gloss effect.

So with this in mind I was looking for a pink shade. But not your bright Barbie pink or a fuschia, something quite muted yet strong. Seventeen lasting fix lipstick in mulled wine is exactly what im looking for! Dont let the name throw you off (or my bad photography skills) it is a pink colour with blue undertones so it is a very cool shade. To be honest I cannot pick up on any red hints or shades in this lipstick so I dont know why it looks quite red in the images. The picture of the lipstick swatch on my hand is the true to shade image. Ive tried so many shots with and without flash but it doesnt seem to pick up the actual colour which is a cool pink.

I love it! Its great for day time with light make up to give some colour. It is very moisturising, applies like a dream and does stay throughout the day. As the day goes on the colour lasts on your lips almost like a stain but I personally find that it can feel a tad dry so some Vaseline applied on top and that sorts the problem. Ive been wearing this since this morning and I have just topped it up there now. I do love the finish of this, like I said  its moisturising and has a slight hint of shine which I like but turns matte as the day goes on.

Overall I love this lipstick and I am very impressed with Seventeen as a brand. It's cheap as chips and is pretty fantastic!

Has anybody else tried from this range?

Niamh xx

No comments:

Post a Comment